Application for Meet Sanction
Is your club intending to run a swim meet in 2017? Apply for your Meet Sanction now.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below and pay your sanction fee by the due date of 30/09/2016.
- You will be required to supply three possible dates for your meet. In the notes section, provide information in support of your preferred date.
- Once all applications have been received they will be collated and sent to regional Vice Presidents for consideration.
- Regional Vice Presidents will negotiate with clubs in their regions to determine a sanction date for each meet.
Applications must be lodged by 31/09/2016. Late applications may not be accepted or will attract a late application fee of $40.00.
Sanction fee payment must also be received by 31/09/2016 otherwise a late payment fee of $40.00 will apply.
Things to Consider
- In previous years many South East Queensland clubs have requested to have their meet in Febuary.
- There must be 2 weeks between events in one region. However we may apply this rule to an extended area of South East Queensland, as members from as far as Bundaberg may travel to Miami events and vice versa.
- Consider running different events than other meets in your region. For instance, few clubs run long distance events or 4x100m relays.
Please fill out the form below.
You will need to supply the name of a representative who will be handling the bid in the applicant section. You will need to provide your club name and code. The suburb name or city name of the pool should be provided. Where this has not been finalised please provide all locations it may be held at. Please indicate if the event will be long or short course, or open water.
You will need to provide 3 possible dates. Reasons for these dates may be provided in the notes field. Also please advise details of the type or style of meet you're planning to run.
Dates to Avoid
8 - 11 March 2017 - National Championships
21 - 27 April 2017 - NZ World Masters Games - Pool
30 April 2017 - NZ World Masters Games - Open Water
25 - 28 May 2017 - Great Barrier Reef Masters Games - Cairns
28 May - 2 June 2017 - International Outgames - Miami, USA
August 2017(TBC) - FINA Masters World Championships - Budapest
These events do not necessarily block a meet being held, but consideration should be given to the impact they may have on meet attendance.
Payment of Sanction Fee
Clubs should submit their sanction fee at the same after submitting this form, by cheque or bank transfer.
Sanction Fee Per Meet: $80.00
Account Name: Masters Swimming QLD
Description: e.g. SSM QNA(change to your club code)
BSB: 064 107
Account Number: 0090 6273
Postal Address: PO Box 1279 Capalaba BC QLD 4157
If you have any difficulties filling out this form or require further information please contact your regional Vice President.